AADE MO CB “Year in Review”
As 2018 comes to a close I thought it would be nice to take a look back at everything that the MO CB did this year.
- January: Nancy Trebilcock, Joan McGinnis, Candy Williams, and I represented the MO CB at the AADE Annual Leadership Training. It was a great time for networking and Nancy provided a great presentation discussing “Getting Member Input”.
- March: Candy Williams and Susan Felten attended the Biannual Diabetes Shared Learning Network in Jefferson City.
- April: Several members traveled to Jefferson City to attend the first Diabetes Prevention & Diabetes Awareness Lobby Day on April 18th.
- May: STL LNG meeting was held on May 5th. Several members were present and Becky Sidberry was elected to lead the LNG.
- June: MO CB members were present at the KS CB Networking Event held at Shawnee Mission Health. Susan Felten and Leisa Blanchard attended the AADE Public Policy Forum in Chicago, IL on June 8th and 9th.
- August: AADE Annual 2018! Susan Felten, Leisa Blanchard, and I attended the meeting, including the CB/COI Networking event and the 70s dance party. We learned a ton, networked, and had a blast. If you missed 2018, we hope to see you in 2019!
- September: Leisa Blanchard and Susan Felten attended the Biannual Diabetes Shared Learning Network in Jefferson City.
- October: MO CB Diabetes Care “Show-Me” Summit! Thank you again to all of our speakers, members, AADE support staff and the MO CB planning committee. It is a lot of work to plan and provide a great CE event. Without the help of everyone involved it would not have been such a success.
- November: On November 7, members of our MO CB, Candy Williams, Susan Felton, and Leisa Blanchard along with Connie Kleinbeck, Lucille Douglass, Janice Nunnelly, and two representatives from the Lincoln University School of Nursing joined with Representative Patricia A. Pike at the Capital in Jefferson City. Their efforts consisted of distributing literature to various representatives and advocating for increased awareness of diabetes among policy makers.
- December: MO CB 2019 elections took place and I am extremely encouraged by the number of members who have stepped up and sought positions. As mentioned in the announcement the MO CB 2019 Board is:
- Chair: Amanda Stahnke, PharmD, BCACP
- Chair-elect: Kathryn Holt, PharmD, BCACP
- Technology leader: Jennifer Anderson, RD, LD, CDE
- Education leader: Annya Moody, APRN, FNP-BC
- Grass-roots advocacy leader: Susan Felten, FNP-BC, APRN, MSN, CDE
- Membership leader: Grace Silverio, RN, BSN, CDTC
I am looking forward to serving the CB over the next year and hope to have another very success year. We anticipate offering several webinars in various parts of the state, one that will be available due to the generosity of one of our members, Laurie Klipfel. Additionally, Susan Felten will be attending the January Leadership Meeting, we will be planning visits to the capitol, attending AADE 2019, and brainstorming more ideas. Please let us know if you have thoughts or suggestions. I would love to chat, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amanda Stahnke, PharmD, BCACP
MO CB Chair 2019