The Maryland Coordinating Body of the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists is dedicated to advancing the role of the diabetes educator and improving the quality of diabetes education and care within our region.
Maryland ADCES strives to:
• Provide educational opportunities for diabetes educators
• Promote and aid growth and development of quality diabetes education
• Foster communication and cooperation among individuals and organizations involved in diabetes education
• Promote and support the national certification examination for diabetes as mandated by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
• Provide resources and expertise to attain state and national recognition for diabetes education programs
• Foster a network of professional resources to function as a support group