2019 WADE Annual Conference Raffle Benefits the
Karen Shultz-Goldstein Memorial Lecture Fund
The Karen Goldstein Memorial Lecture Fund was set up to honor Karen Goldstein, a long time member of WADE and friend and respected colleague of many diabetes educators throughout Washington. She passed away in 2009. WADE decided to honor her memory and dedication to diabetes education by establishing, with her family, a memorial lecture fund. The fund is part of the AADE Foundation, but WADE has access to the fund at any time. Every year, for the past 10 years, this fund sponsors a special speaker in her honor at our WADE conference.
Last year’s silent auction and raffle was again a great success & we hope to top it this year during the annual meeting. However this year’s benefit will be only be a RAFFLE instead of both a raffle and Silent Auction. There are 2 ways you can participate.
Donate an item by:
Sharing your and your family's talents, hobbies, and skills
Asking your organization or work group
Checking with community contacts & businesses
Re-gifting new gifts that you already had or didn’t really need
Buying an extra something that has a bonus, like buy one, get one free or half off
Buy raffle tickets at the conference
Some ideas for Donations:
Theme Baskets: Such as gourmet food basket, a newborn basket, wedding anniversary basket, romantic weekend- get-away basket. Possibly a hotel would donate a night stay and a restaurant meal, or just a restaurant meal for exchange for the advertisement and exposure of their business.
- Electronics: I-pods, electronic readers, cameras.
- Arts & Crafts, Hobbies: Jewelry, wood projects, sewing projects, knitted items, or other items that you are willing to share.
- Special Services: Spa treatment or new hairstyle to extend to potential new customers.
- Vacation Destinations: Use of a vacation home, condo or time-share. Maybe a weekend at your lake place.
- Gift Cards: Did you receive a gift card that you won’t be using?
- Vendors: Sales people are often good sources of event ticket- sports, music, and theater.
- Wine either alone or as part of a basket
- Diabetes Education Resources: Maybe you have developed tools for diabetes education. Here is an opportunity to promote you, while supporting WADE
To donate an item for the Raffle- please download the Donation Form
Tickets: $3.00 each or 10 tickets for $20.00
Must be present to win. If you can’t be there for the drawing, then leave your tickets with a buddy and have them pick the item up for you. We do not mail prizes.
Payment: Cash or check (there might be an ATM machine close by). Checks must be made out to the AADE Foundation with “for WADE- Karen Goldstein Memorial Fund” written in the “for” line on the check.
Must be over the age of 18.
Must be member of WADE/AADE to purchase tickets (Not a member? Then join us today or have a WADE member purchase the tickets)
Questions? email Pat Haldi: email@example.com
All proceeds will benefit the Karen Shultz-Goldstein Memorial Lecture Fund & are tax deductible. Thank you in advance for your contribution.